Is your spirituality political?

Started by Mel D, Jul 27, 2022, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is your spiritual or magical practice ever utilized in political activism?

Yes
1 (50%)
No
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Mel D

Given the recent Supreme Court rulings, I was wondering if anyone here uses their magic in an activism capacity? Please feel free to go into detail in the comments.

League

I believe myself someone is using magic to effect something since the 2016 election. The odd behavior changes and unreal ruling int he supreme court and actions or inaction of our government just myths me more than it doesn't.

Yes someone is doing something and maybe we need to be countering it.

Mel D

I agree Tom. After the 2016 and 2020 elections, several witchcraft pages I followed on FB went off the rails with witches commenting their allegiance to the modern GOP, its current values, and supporting Trump. While some seemed more bot-like than others, it was still more than I had expected in both election comment surges. I have been using my magic and spellwork for quite a few years now in support of political causes but, more recently, it has shifted toward needing defense-counter magic as you mentioned, as well. I'm working on some more things now given all the recent news I was curious if anyone was doing the same.

League

100% agree with you. there needs to be more organized efforts in it.

Gh0sty

I like to say my official political beliefs are that "I Stand with Standing Rock."

Which is born directly out of my Spiritual Perspective that Life/Nature/Water/Etc is Sacred & Divine.

But I'd also say that I'm more concerned about how I live my own life. What messages am I putting out there towards my fellow humans? I think the Solution to the Culture Crisis right now is to Live Your Best Life. For example at work the other day a customer was talking to one of the cashiers about how food riots are coming. All I could say in response to the cashier (once the customer had left) is simply that we are all going to die sooner or later and to enjoy what you can, while you can. I love this quote from Newt Scamander "My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice."
-A Symbol for a Simple Mind-

Mel D

I agree with you Dre about nature as sacred (fully support Standing Rock) and the quote you shared is one I routinely use to quell my anxieties as well. I try my best not to dwell on things and suffer twice, but I also do my best to try to be proactive and take steps to help support those affected by this evolving political mess in mundane ways as well as magically. You are correct that in the midst of everything to not lose sight of enjoying life. I'm getting better at that as I go lol

League

everyday. yes we must be the best we can especially now during these trying times. hold faith and stand firm.

Bowman

You're all probably talking specifically about the US and ongoing things over there but just in case anyone comes up with ideas about Putin, then just don't. That dude has some MAJOR protection going on.

Quote from Dre MaKhem on June 27, 2022, 7:58 pm
Which is born directly out of my Spiritual Perspective that Life/Nature/Water/Etc is Sacred & Divine.

^^^ How I feel.
Lucifer once said to me, ''You do realise that duality is a myth''? I replied ''Yeah .... course I do''. He laughed and said, ''Fuck off Monsieur''. He has a sense of humour.

League

Quote from Bowman on June 28, 2022, 3:32 pm
You're all probably talking specifically about the US and ongoing things over there but just in case anyone comes up with ideas about Putin, then just don't. That dude has some MAJOR protection going on.

Exactly. protection unlike anything in modern times. Wild isn't it

TheMapleBeard

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. My practices are not political. I'll be using them to move me forward in life. Would I like for them to be political, of course! But I don't think that's possible unless one is able to get a very large consensus as to what the new reality should be. Unfortunately I feel at this point having your workings try to enact your political movements into the real world on the world stage or national level would be the equivalent of herding cats.

Gh0sty

They don't like unpolitical powerful people.

TheMapleBeard

Quote from: Gh0sty on Aug 08, 2022, 08:25 PMThey don't like unpolitical powerful people.

Are you able to expand on that a bit more? Do you have any examples of powerful people who are unpolitical from the past to present? If a powerful person becomes political do you think it will afford them some sort of protection?

Gh0sty

John Lennon. Is Love a Politic?

Martin Luther King Jr. Is Wanting Respect as an Equal Human Being a Politic?

Jesus. Is being Spiritual a Politic?

Think about it, Jesus said: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

TheMapleBeard

True. I suppose you can't go against the status quo.

Gh0sty

Gotta take out a pawn before it makes its way all the way across the board, eh?