Experience during meditation

Started by TheMapleBeard, Jul 31, 2022, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMapleBeard

Over the past couple of weeks I have decided to crack down on my meditation and I'm happy to say that I think I've finally found a time of day where I can commit to the practice (I do it right before bed now) but this is beside the point.

To help me get back into it I am doing using a Hemi Sync guided meditation aid. I pop in some earbuds, listen to the voice of a woman give me some breathing instructions and reminders to relax my body. Then I hit the main body of the meditation and at this point you can vaguely hear the Binaural beats playing in the background. The first couple of times I just went with the flow asked the suggested question suggested to you in the guided meditation and went from there. I have to say it has been some of the best experiences meditating. I was getting flashes of images popping in and out of my head. This ranged from seeing faces having conversations (No audio) to seeing creatures and not quite human beings. All of this has ranged from being scary to intriguing. Let's fast forward to last night where I decided to ask a more specific question to myself which was "Should I continue on the Path of Solomonic Magick". At first I was getting random images and faces which I didn't recognize and then it felt like I was transported to an Oasis visually speaking. Lush Greenery one would expect to see and a large gold bricked or at least gold in colour  structure which I then scaled up to a balcony and there I saw Thoth just lounging in a seat on the balcony. All he did was just look at me, no words were spoken or gestures made. At that point I came out of my mediation kind of dumbstruck.

So I just wanted to share this as it was the most vivid experience that I've ever had meditating and response to a question that I have asked.

Cheers!

League

Yes as clarity comes in mediation many images will come. Soon after practice you can control things better. I need to do a better job at mediating
Look closely, Seeing is believing, but is it truth? Depends on your point-of-view.

Bowman

Basically there are two different types of meditation. You have the Eastern one and the Western one. The Eastern one seeks to shut down the ''monkey mind'' and all the constant ''chatter'' and ''visions'', whereas the Western form embraces it and seeks to overload the system through ''guided meditations''.

I've practiced both. The Eastern one when part of an Order and the Western one when part of an Alexandrian Coven.

The ''guided meditation'' one certainly gives some weird trippy visions - and the High Priestess became convinced that I was projecting astrally into the Elemental Spheres ... which was a major fun ride.

Whereas the Eastern one I practiced whilst with Dragon Rouge and as I said earlier, it's all about shutting everything down and experiencing nothing .... basically.

Both are cool, btw and have merit.
Lucifer once said to me, ''You do realise that duality is a myth''? I replied ''Yeah .... course I do''. He laughed and said, ''Fuck off Monsieur''.

Gh0sty

lol there's perhaps nothing more stimulating to a monkey mind than trying to quiet it down. And there's nothing more worth saying "I have no words for this" than a visual guided meditation like.
-A Symbol for a Simple Mind-

Bowman

Tell me about it. It's very frustrating for people brought up in the west to try to meditate how Buddhists do so. Literally .... if you manage two minutes of absolute silence during a thirty minute session .... then you're a genius. We're used to sensory overload, so guided meditations are often better suited.
Lucifer once said to me, ''You do realise that duality is a myth''? I replied ''Yeah .... course I do''. He laughed and said, ''Fuck off Monsieur''.

League

I know right. Western society has us all with no patience. Lol
Look closely, Seeing is believing, but is it truth? Depends on your point-of-view.

TheMapleBeard

I like the guided meditation. Zen is cool and all but I love seeing images fly by. Though I suppose doing some Zen meditation would allow me to slow down some of those images. Either way I'm still going to plug along and hopefully get to a point where the images become more stable and who knows maybe even audible.

League

yes i agree Zen meditation will help with those images

TheMapleBeard

Just wanted to add another experience that I had a couple of nights ago with mediation. It was another neat one. This go around I decided to focus on my 3rd eye, spot in the middle and just above the eyes. I know for a very long time, I've always been able to focus on that spot and feel neat little pressure point that would phase through different phases pressure. Not throbbing, but more like going through cycles. Back to the story. This go around it was a lot more pressure and then it felt like it released and I could see little dots of colours of the rainbow just showering around and in front of me and then the unreal feeling of becoming so light in my body that I could almost float.

Bowman

It'll do that - with the whole rainbow whatnot. It happens. Wait till Kundalini fires up .... that'll give you a whole light show

League