What Religion did you grow up with?

Started by League, Jul 31, 2022, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

League

What Religion did you grow up with?

Myself I grew up in a strict Catholic home. Never stuck after I graduated high school
Look closely, Seeing is believing, but is it truth? Depends on your point-of-view.

TheMapleBeard

I grew up Catholic. I won't say it was a strict home, but I do remember going to some of the special masses. Never stuck with me either after graduating high school.

Gh0sty

-A Symbol for a Simple Mind-

TheMapleBeard

Have your opinions changed at all Dre over time during your practice or have you incorporated your belief into your practice?

digibee

I grew up with a mix of religions: Christianity and Atheism.

However, I grew up to be a Pagan.

Bowman

Catholic. Went to a Catholic Primary School and then on to a Catholic High School - so basically from 4 years old to 16. Mass every Sunday and most Wednesdays and all over Easter and Christmas. I even have an advanced level qualification in Scripture that I gained back in the mid 80's whilst in High School.

The Magickal System I'm part of is rooted in Catholic & Greek Orthodox Christianity and Judaism and their Solomonic and Grimoire Tradition sides.
Lucifer once said to me, ''You do realise that duality is a myth''? I replied ''Yeah .... course I do''. He laughed and said, ''Fuck off Monsieur''.

Gh0sty

Quote from TheMapleBeard on July 20, 2022, 10:41 am
Have your opinions changed at all Dre over time during your practice or have you incorporated your belief into your practice?

At age 16 I had a dissociative episode that made me face things in life I didn't think existed. I consider myself more of a Gnostic Christian than anything. The closest I've been to being part of a church or group was at age 18 I would meditate at a local Zen Center.

Bowman

Quote from Dre MaKhem on July 20, 2022, 10:47 pm

The closest I've been to being part of a church or group was at age 18 I would meditate at a local Zen Center.

You know all about Eastern Meditation then and silencing the ''monkey mind'' 🙂 🙂 🙂
Lucifer once said to me, ''You do realise that duality is a myth''? I replied ''Yeah .... course I do''. He laughed and said, ''Fuck off Monsieur''.

League

Quote from Bowman on July 21, 2022, 2:32 pm
Quote from Dre MaKhem on July 20, 2022, 10:47 pm

The closest I've been to being part of a church or group was at age 18 I would meditate at a local Zen Center.

You know all about Eastern Meditation then and silencing the ''monkey mind'' 🙂 🙂 🙂

lol i love it
Look closely, Seeing is believing, but is it truth? Depends on your point-of-view.

Gh0sty

League

TheMapleBeard

I've seen that video before. I'm not surprised. Everyone loves getting into a nice hot bath/hot tub after a tough day.

Gh0sty

I believe the scene is the opening of 'Baraka'

Gh0sty

And here is the sequel, 'Samsara'

League

Hot tub at the end of the day. Now that's my ideal life after a tough day